Transforming Communities Through Thoughtful Planning
Our planning team helps clients understand their biggest challenges and opportunities, then works collaboratively with them to find holistic solutions that transform communities.
Nitsch’s multi-disciplinary team integrates the expertise of planners, civil and environmental engineers, landscape designers, and GIS specialists to develop plans that combine big-picture goals with the technical knowledge to turn an idea into reality. The result is a plan focused on action and implementation that helps clients like universities, municipalities, and private companies achieve their vision.
“The Groton Planning Board voted unanimously to write a letter of recommendation for Nitsch Engineering. The Board depends upon their engineering expertise in its decision-making process. Over the years, Nitsch Engineering has conducted several education seminars on engineering issues for Town officials. In addition, the firm has provided expert witness services and given court testimony on behalf of the Planning Board and other Town departments, which has been invaluable to the Town.”Town Planner, Town of Groton Planning Board
Our multi-disciplinary planning team specializes in providing:
- Strategic site master planning, including utilities, circulation, layout, and accessibility
- Stormwater, resilience, and green infrastructure planning
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) planning
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) planning
- Asset management and utility assessments
- Open space, multi-modal trail, and community path planning
- Stakeholder and community engagement
- Environmental permitting