Jenn was primarily drawn to the field of civil and water resources engineering for its ability to directly benefit communities via forward-thinking, inclusive, and resilient projects. In her 19 years of experience, Jenn has provided civil engineering, stormwater, and watershed planning and design for institutional, municipal, and commercial projects. She specializes in tailoring sustainable stormwater management techniques to site-specific conditions in urban and rural environments, including roadways, private and public developments, and public open space. This includes the design of green infrastructure practices to meet the challenges of climate change. As Director of Nitsch Engineering’s Resilience Planning & Design group, she has successfully designed these systems at the site, neighborhood, and watershed scale to increase resilience and meet local and state stormwater and water quality regulations.
“I love building relationships with clients, project partners, and community stakeholders, solving problems, and bringing lasting change to communities.”
Outside of Nitsch
Outside of work, Jenn has a wide range of interests. She enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking, running, and skiing, as well as cooking, sports, and music. She also loves traveling to visit family and exploring new places. Jenn often volunteers at her sons’ schools and is an Assistant Cub Scout Leader.
- B.S., Biological Systems Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- M.S., Biological and Agricultural Engineering, North Carolina State University
- New England Water Environment Association (NEWEA): Watershed Management Committee and Stormwater Committee Member
- Water Environment Federation: Member
- Women’s Exchange for Leadership and Living (WELL): Member
- North/South River Watershed Association: Advocacy Committee Member
- Environmental Business Council: Water Resources Committee Member