Deb was initially drawn to civil engineering for its technical nature, as well as the opportunity to work on designs and projects that help shape and improve communities. With 19 years of civil engineering experience, Deb has been able to do just that.
Her project experience includes mixed-use and commercial developments, transit-oriented developments, academic facilities, and providing permitting services in Massachusetts, with an emphasis on designing urban sites, coordinating projects, integrating sustainable site practices, and resolving permitting issues in the City of Boston. Deb excels at managing multiple complex projects at a time and progressing projects from concept through design, permitting, and construction. She enjoys the challenge of tackling something new every day and strives to provide sustainable, cost-effective, and time-sensitive solutions to a variety of projects and multiple clients.
As the Director of Civil Engineering, Deb oversees the daily operations and growth of the civil engineering department. She also serves as Vice Chair of Nitsch’s Board of Directors, and Chair of the Board’s Leadership and Succession Planning Subcommittee. Deb helped establish Nitsch Cares, an employee resource group (ERG) that functions as the philanthropic arm of Nitsch Engineering, and is actively involved in the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging ERG.
Outside of Nitsch
Outside of work, Deb spends her time enjoying the seasonal activities of Boston and New Hampshire. Whether it’s snowboarding, hiking mountains, or hopping on a boat to cruise around Boston Harbor, Deb loves to take advantage of all New England has to offer (especially with friends and family).
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Current Professional Societies
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Massachusetts (ACEC/MA): Member and Engineering Excellence Awards Committee Co-Chair
- Commercial Real Estate Development Association Massachusetts (NAIOP MA): Member
- Chi Epsilon, National Civil Engineering Honor Society: Member
- Tau Beta Pi, Engineering Honor Society: Member
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section/American Society of Civil Engineers (BSCES/ASCE) Younger Member of the Year Award (2010)