Make sure you receive our event invitation each year: sign up for our Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day mailing list by clicking here.
Women represent 50.6% of the US population… yet make up only 11.7% of all engineers*. Females are clearly under-represented in engineering, and Nitsch Engineering wants to do something about that.
Since 2002, Nitsch Engineering has been hosting an annual Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day for 6th to 12th grade girls. Each year we aim to:
- increase girls’ interest in engineering in a supportive and enthusiastic atmosphere.
- educate them about the various engineering fields by showcasing different types of engineering each year.
- share information about how rewarding a career in engineering can be.
- introduce the girls to women engineers.
- demonstrate that engineering is fun!
Each year we choose a different field of engineering. Past topics have included:
- 2018: Sharing Resources, Building Communities: Engineering Around the World
- 2017: Now Hear This: Acoustical Engineering Improves Daily Life!
- 2016: Computer Engineering Makes an Impact!
- 2015: Improving Life with Biomedical Engineering!
- 2014: Get Your Feet Wet: Learn About Marine & Ocean Engineering!
- 2013: Engineering for Cell Phones
- 2012: Engineering for Schools
- 2011: Improving the World With Robotics
- 2010: Get Excited About Green Energy!
- 2009: Designing and Building Bridges for the World
- 2008: Saving the World One Drop of Water at a Time
- 2007: Experience Bioengineering
Visit the following websites to learn more about pursuing an engineering education and career!
- Engineer Girl: This website shows middle school girls the opportunity that engineering represents for all people