Jared was naturally drawn to engineering through his experience in school. His favorite subjects were always math and science growing up and, after a suggestion made by a high school teacher, he went on to study civil engineering in college. He enjoyed the hands-on, practical applications of Civil Engineering in everyday life, and his studies served as confirmation that this was the career path he wanted to pursue. During his freshman year of college, Jared joined Nitsch Engineering as an intern – the rest is history!
Jared now has over 18 years of experience as a civil engineer, all at Nitsch Engineering. He has worked on and managed various site development and building projects throughout Massachusetts. His areas of expertise include design of stormwater management systems, site utility systems, site layout and grading, erosion and sediment control, construction administration services, and permitting through various local, State, and Federal agencies.
“I love that I get to work with great people (clients, co-workers, and colleagues) on meaningful projects that have a positive impact on our communities. I also really enjoy working with our younger staff and being a teacher, coach, and mentor to them. I had the privilege of learning from some incredible senior staff here at Nitsch, and now I get to be in their shoes and pass on my skills and knowledge to the next generation.”
Outside of Nitsch
Outside of work, Jared is a big fan of music; he has played guitar since he was 12 and loves going to concerts whenever he can. He also enjoys working on a variety of house projects and traveling (to both new and favorite places) with his wife.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Post-Graduate Studies, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Massachusetts (ACEC/MA) Emerging Leaders and Odyssey Leadership Programs
- Environmental Business Council of New England: Member
- US Green Building Council (USGBC) MA Chapter: Central Massachusetts Committee Co-Chair
- Rutland Conservation Commission: Member
- Rutland Open Space Committee: Member
- Greater Worcester Community Foundation (GWCF): Corporator and Scholarship Committee Member
- Worcester Business Journal 40 Under Forty (2018)