Gary is a natural problem solver, which is where his passion for civil engineering stems from. He believes that, as a civil engineer, one has a much deeper appreciation for solving problems when the solution can be visualized through building. As Vice President and Director of Client Services, Gary balances his time between solving problems on projects and advancing client relationships. He has over 30 years of experience in civil engineering, principally in site and utility design and permitting. Gary specializes in providing design, construction administration, and environmental permitting for large commercial and institutional (especially higher education) projects. He also has an in-depth understanding of green building practices and principles as a LEED Accredited Professional, which he has applied to a wide range of projects.
“I enjoy building relationships and finding similar interests with people I have met along the way in my career. It’s so rewarding to work with friends and people where a relationship of trust has formed. I also enjoy solving technical problems and working with a team to resolve issues as efficiently as possible.”
Outside of Nitsch
Outside of work, Gary is passionate about music. As a musician himself, he enjoys playing music with friends whenever he can and regularly attends a variety of live concerts and music festivals. Gary is also an avid runner and cycler, and is on the Board of Directors of the Friends of Natick Trails.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Northeastern University
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE): Member
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section (BSCES/ASCE): Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) Massachusetts Chapter: Gavel Member of Board of Directors, and member of several committees
- Friends of Natick Trails: Board of Directors
- United Way Real Estate Breakfast: Executive Committee Member and 2019 Event Co-Chair
- President’s Award from Massachusetts Chapter of National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (2005)
- Young Engineer of the Year Award from Massachusetts Society of Professional Engineers (MSPE) (2001)