Lisa Brothers has more than 30 years of experience in the design, construction, and management of roadway, site development, sustainable design, and infrastructure-related projects. As Chairman and CEO, Lisa is responsible for the vision, growth strategy, strategic direction, and overall performance of the firm. She also serves as Principal-in-Charge for many of the firm’s design projects.
A registered professional engineer in Massachusetts and seven other states, Lisa is involved in a wide range of professional activities. She has been actively involved in the American Council of Engineering Companies/ Massachusetts (ACEC/MA) for more than 25 years; Lisa currently serves on the ACEC/MA Board as National Director, on the Government Affairs Committee, and as the PAC Champion, and she is a past President of the Chapter. She is a member of the Environmental Business Council of New England’s Board of Directors. Lisa also served as President of the Women’s Transportation Seminar-Boston Chapter, and is currently co-chair of the Public Art Committee. She is also currently serving on the City of Boston’s Women’s Workforce Council, which is dedicated to closing the wage gap.
Lisa holds a BSCE from the University Massachusetts Lowell (UMass Lowell), an MBA from Northeastern University, and is a 2004 graduate of ACEC National’s Senior Executive Institute. An active alumna of UMass Lowell, Lisa is a past Chair and a member of the College of Engineering/Industrial Advisory Board, and a member of the Center for Women and Work Advisory Board. In 2006, Lisa was co-chair of the Transportation and Construction Committee for the Massachusetts Government Appointments Project (MassGAP). She was an appointed member of the Town of Wilmington Conservation Commission for 10 years, and was an Overseer for the Boston Architectural College. She is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), and is a Fellow of ACEC.
Her contributions to her community have been well recognized by a range of organizations, including:
- Boston Society of Architects (BSA), Honorary Member (2019)
- University of Massachusetts Lowell, University Alumni Award (2018)
- WTS Boston, Leadership Award (2017)
- SmartCEO, Brava Award (2016)
- Boston Business Journal, Woman of Influence (2015)
- EY, Entrepreneur of the Year, New England Region (2014)
- American Council of Engineering Companies, College of Fellows (2011)
- WTS Boston, Woman of the Year (2008)
- Women’s Business Boston, List of Top 10 Bosses (2007)
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section/ASCE, Citizen Engineer Award (2004)
- University of Massachusetts Lowell, College of Engineering, Francis Academy Distinguished Engineering Alumni Award (2003)
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, Pinnacle Award for Emerging Executive (2002)
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section/ASCE, Lester Gaynor Award (2001)