Aaron excelled at math and science from an early age, so it was a natural progression for him to pursue a career in engineering. When he started college, it was the field of civil engineering that spoke to him most – he was intrigued by the opportunity to solve problems and develop designs that helped protect and advance the natural world.
During his career as a civil engineer, Aaron has provided design and consulting services on a wide range of projects. He is particularly experienced in designing utilities, site grading and layout, and stormwater management solutions (including Low Impact Development designs). Aaron has an in-depth understanding of local, state, and federal permitting requirements, as well as experience in consulting with clients on LEED projects.
As Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Aaron leverages his strong business and financial acumen, experience in developing and implementing strategy, and proven ability to lead to oversee the daily operation of our technical departments. He serves on the firm’s management team where he focuses on maintaining operational excellence, helping drive the strategic and marketing plans forward, helping mitigate risk, and working with Department Directors to improve existing procedures and controls.
Outside of Nitsch
When he is not working or taking care of his son, Aaron loves to spend his time homebrewing. He is very active in his local homebrewing club and, as a certified Beer Judge, regularly judges at homebrewing competitions.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Pathways to Executive Leadership program
- ACEC of Massachusetts (ACEC/MA) Emerging Leaders and Odyssey programs
Current Professional Societies
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section (BSCES/ASCE): Member
- ACEC/MA: Government Affairs Committee Member
- Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFM): Member
- Town of Mansfield Conservation Commission: Commissioner