Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day is one of our favorite annual events at Nitsch Engineering. While we’re disappointed that we weren’t able to host a day of hands-on experiments and activities this year, we’re excited to share a virtual version of one of the most popular parts of our annual event: the panel of women engineers who share their experiences!
On Friday, April 30th, six women engineers joined a virtual panel to talk about how they became interested in engineering, what characteristics made them successful engineers/students, their favorite classes in high school, what their typical work/school days are like, and advice for girls who are curious about engineering. The panel included:
- Jennifer Johnson, PE, CFM, CPSWQ, LEED AP (moderator): Project Manager at Nitsch Engineering
- Brittney Veeck, PE: Senior Project Engineer at Nitsch Engineering
- Chanel Jackson, PE: Project Engineer at Nitsch Engineering
- Isabella Ventresca: Biomedical Engineering Student at UMass Lowell
- Marina Fernandes, PE: Town Engineer for Town of Milton
- Veronica Soto: Industrial Engineer currently working in digital marketing as a Senior Associate at Red Ventures
Watch their 26-minute conversation:
Girls from 6th to 12th grade who watch this video are invited to enter a giveaway to win one of ten engineering-related prizes! Those who let us know what they found most interesting about the panel discussion by responding to this survey will be entered into a random drawing to win a prize shown below. All survey responses must be received by 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 26th. Full rules are included on the survey page.
Interested in getting some hands-on engineering experience?
Visit the activity library on our website for some engineering activities that can be done at home!