Nitsch Engineering’s 29th anniversary was on September 15th, and we’re celebrating our on-going commitment to building better communities with you by giving back to some very deserving organizations. We’d like to invite you to be a part of this effort by voting for the charity you’d most like us to donate to!
As an active member of the Merrimack Valley community, with an office in Lawrence and a number of employees and family members who live in the area, we want to help the people who have been impacted by the fires in Lawrence, Andover, and North Andover. We are therefore committing 50% of our anniversary donation to two groups that serve these areas:
- Essex County Community Foundation’s Lawrence Emergency Fund, which provides assistance during emergency events such as fires, natural disasters, or hazardous events; and
- The Merrimack Valley Food Bank, which provides nutritious food and personal care items to emergency feeding programs serving the low-income, homeless, and hungry. They serve 20 organizations in the area affected by the fires.
With guidance from our Nitsch Cares committee, a group of community-minded employees, we have also selected a list of four more amazing charities to support – and we would love your help to decide how much to donate to each!
Please vote for the charity that you’d most like us to support by Friday, September 28th. We’ll split our donation among these charities based on the percentage of the vote each charity receives!
- Charles River Watershed Association, which is dedicated to protecting, preserving, and enhancing the Charles River and its watershed through science, advocacy, and the law.
- Elizabeth Stone House, which partners with adult and child survivors of domestic violence and related trauma – mental illness, housing instability and substance misuse – to achieve safety, stability, and overall wellbeing.
- Engineers Without Borders, which builds a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs. We partnered with the Northeastern University Chapter for our 2018 Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day earlier this year!
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley’s BoSTEM Initiative, which provides hands-on STEM learning opportunities for middle-school Boston Public School students.
Thank you for all of your support of Nitsch Engineering over the last 29 years – you’re a critical part of our community, and we wouldn’t be here without you!