Fayssal came to the United States from Lebanon 40 years ago in pursuit of his dream to become an architect. When he started college at Northeastern University, he decided to enroll in Civil Engineering and began working as a Co-op. Through this experience, Fayssal learned that traffic engineering combined his passions of science and technology with solving problems and enhancing public safety.
Fayssal now has over 36 years of experience in transportation/traffic engineering and, as Director of Transportation Engineering, is responsible for overseeing the daily operation, business development, and administration of Nitsch Engineering’s Transportation Engineering department. His project design experience includes highways and roadways, traffic signals and controls, surface parking facilities, airport terminal roadways, and site planning/design. Fayssal also serves as an expert witness on traffic related cases.
Outside of Nitsch
Since 2014, Fayssal has served as adjunct faculty at UMass Lowell and teaches graduate classes in Transportation and Traffic Engineering. He also serves on the Civil and environment Engineering Advisory Board.
Fayssal spends much of his free time volunteering. Whether he is serving veterans at the New England Center and Home for Veterans in Downtown Boston or providing medically tailored meals for the chronically and critically ill with Community Servings in Jamaica Plain, Fayssal loves giving back to his community in any way he can. When the opportunity arises, he also enjoys playing golf and taking part in other physical activities.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Northeastern University
- M.S., Transportation Engineering, Northeastern University
Current Professional Societies
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Massachusetts (ACEC/MA): Transportation Agencies Liaison Committee Member
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE): Technical Committee Member, NE Section Committee Member, and Tom Desjardins Memorial Scholarship Chair
- Women’s Transportation Seminar: Member
- Construction Industry of Massachusetts: MBTA Safety Subcommittee Member
- ITE Distinguished Service Award (2020)