Aaron excelled at math and science from an early age, so it was a natural progression for him to pursue a career in engineering. When he started college, it was the field of civil engineering that spoke to him most – he was intrigued by the opportunity to solve problems and develop designs that helped protect and advance the natural world.
Aaron now has 22 years of civil engineering experience and has provided design and consulting services on a wide range of projects. He is particularly experienced in designing utilities, site grading and layout, and stormwater management solutions (including Low Impact Development designs). Aaron has an in-depth understanding of local, state, and federal permitting requirements, as well as experience in consulting with clients on LEED projects. In his role as Vice President and Director of Civil Engineering, he serves on the firm’s management team and oversees the daily operation and growth of the Civil Engineering department.
Outside of Nitsch
When he is not working or taking care of his son, Aaron loves to spend his time homebrewing. He is very active in his local homebrewing club and, as a certified Beer Judge, regularly judges at homebrewing competitions.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Current Professional Societies
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section (BSCES/ASCE): Member
- American Council of Engineering Companies Massachusetts (ACEC/MA): Government Affairs Committee Member
- Association of State Floodplain Managers: Member
- Town of Mansfield Conservation Commission: Commissioner