purpose of Position: Applies engineering fundamentals to design of civil engineering systems. This is a developmental position in which the Co-op learns to apply theoretical knowledge to practical application.
• Performs CAD drafting and simple design tasks using hand calculations and current structural computer software.
• Practices increasing proficiency in the use of a computer for design and CAD applications.
• Performs routine design tasks such as dead & Live loads calculations and structures’ geometry calculations. Works on portions of projects on a task by task basis.
• Practices solving engineering problems using experience, judgment, and education, but is expected to ask for assistance when needed.
• Researches product selection from catalogs under direction of Project Designer/Project Engineer.
• Inputs data into pre-written computer programs.
• Works from and creates ” to scale” detail drawings.
• Produces graphs, charts, overlays, simple isometric, and perspective drawings using CAD systems.
• Prepares quantity and cost estimates when requested.
• Prepares the drawings of designs he or she has originated or from sketches provided by others when requested.
• Digitizes existing conditions information.
• Makes copies/organizes outside companies for completing project-related deliverables.
• Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
• Performs all other related assigned duties.
Limit of Authority: Has authority to perform design duties which are checked for accuracy by others. Keeps Project Designer/Project Engineer and Project Managers aware of workload and requests work when needed.
Relationship to Others: Reports to Project Designer/Project Engineer on a daily basis, but ultimately to the Department Manager. Remains under close supervision of Project Designer/Project Engineer.
Knowledge and Experience Required: Current enrollment in a college-level technical program or an accredited university engineering program. Continues the learning process by attending in-house seminars and continuing education opportunities outside the office. Completion of the EIT is encouraged. AutoCAD experience required. Microsoft Excel spreadsheet knowledge helpful.
Nitsch Engineering has been named one of the Top Places to Work by the Boston Globe! Nitsch offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Fax 617.338.6472, e-mail email@example.com, or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Manager
2 Center Plaza, Suite 430
Boston, MA 02108-1928
Nitsch Engineering, Inc. is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer.