For more information on any of these educational offerings, please contact Laurie Strickland, Director of Marketing.
Nitsch Engineering believes that an important element of building better communities with you is giving back to our professional community by supporting educational initiatives such as:
- Client Educational Opportunities: Nitsch Engineering provides our clients with opportunities to learn about a range of engineering and industry topics through our annual client seminar or via lunch-and-learn sessions where our staff present at a client’s office. Both types of programs provide AIA and ASLA learning units.
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day: Since 2001, we have held an annual event for 6th – 12th grade girls to educate them about various engineering fields (we have a different theme every year) and to demonstrate that engineering is fun!
- Stormwater Research at UVA: In an effort to go beyond theoretical answers about the effectiveness of sustainable site design solutions, Nitsch Engineering worked with the University of Virginia (UVA) on the Sustainable Stormwater Management: Validating Water Quality and Quantity research project. The project has provided UVA students with “real world” experience and the university with ongoing analysis of the stormwater system performance.
- Cooperative Education Programs: Co-op programs provide a wonderful opportunity for students to get hands-on experience by alternating semesters of academic study with semesters of full-time employment in our civil and transportation engineering departments.
- Speaking to College & University Students: Our staff has spoken to engineering students at Tufts University, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, UMass Amherst, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, and Northeastern University … and we’re always willing to go somewhere new!