Core ValuesAt the heart of Nitsch Engineering are our core values, which outline how we positively impact our clients, employees, and communities:
- Ethics: Committing to doing the right thing for the right reason
- Transparency: Keeping all employees informed and engaged
- Community Involvement: Being stewards of our various communities (employees, professional organizations, city/state/country, and the Earth)
- Continuous Improvement: Learning and pushing ourselves outside of our comfort zones
- Work/Life Balance: Providing an environment of respect and flexibility for our employees while maintaining business results
- Quality and Safety: Approaching all elements of our business with a focus on quality and safety
- Client Care: Looking out for the best interests of our clients and being their “savvy advocates”
- Organizational Health: Providing a foundation of financial strength and organizational growth that equips us for today and develops agility for the future
During the “working years,” most people spend around a quarter of their life at work. With that being the case, Nitsch Engineering believes that the workplace can and should be enjoyable! We encourage a friendly and relaxed environment on a day-to-day basis, and host employee social events on a regular basis to keep things fun. Click here to view a video that showcases past events.
Our Wellness Program is a beloved part of the office fun. Lisa Brothers, PE, LEED AP BD+C, President and CEO, says. "It's really important to support our employees in making healthy lifetime decisions. I want them to live healthier, happier, and more fulfilling lives – both at work and at home.” To this end, Nitsch has hosted individual as well as team wellness challenges, allowing for team building, friendly competitions, and fun! We also have a Running Club which runs 5k and 10k races together, and a Hiking Club that gets together a few times a year to explore nearby outdoor space.
At Nitsch Engineering, we take our tagline – “Building better communities with you” – seriously. We are committed to making our communities stronger and more sustainable, and to supporting our employees in making positive contributions to our communities and the environment. For more information on specific endeavors, and to see a short video that highlights some of our community involvement, click here.
As a specialist in green infrastructure and sustainable site design, Nitsch Engineering has been working to integrate sustainability into site and building development projects for 20 years. This commitment to sustainability is embodied in our office space as well. As members of the Sustainable Business Leader Program, we have committed to using less and recycling more, reducing our energy use, encouraging more environmentally friendly transportation choices (such as bicycling and riding the T), and educating our employees and clients about making sustainable choices in their own lives. When we designed our new office space, we focused on achieving LEED Certification; our Boston office earned LEED-CI Gold certification and our Worcester office received LEED-CI certification. As we continue to improve, we would like to someday be a completely carbon-neutral company!
Lisa Brothers received this email from one of our Survey Crew Chiefs on a Saturday morning while she was running on her treadmill to hit the target steps for her Wellness Challenge team:
“Good morning Lisa,
It's 9am on a Saturday and I'm doing something I never do... I'm at the gym trying to get extra steps in before the end of the week. Just want to let you know I think it's a great benefit that Nitsch puts a focus on health and fitness! “