GivingTuesday – an annual event on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving – helps kicks off the “season of giving” when we all come together to bring joy to and improve the lives of others.
Nitsch’s commitment to “Building better communities with you” means that we truly believe in the value of working to positively impact our communities in collaboration with you: our clients, employees, collaborators, and friends.
As we celebrate GivingTuesday today, we’d like to share some of the charities that we’ve supported over the past year in the hopes that this list will inspire you to give back today (or in the future) as well!
- The Merrimack Valley Food Bank provides nutritious food and personal care items to emergency feeding programs from the Greater Boston area up to Southern New Hampshire.
- So Others Might Eat helps the poor and homeless in Washington, DC, by providing meals and services to help break the cycle of homelessness.
- New England Center and Home for Veterans supports veterans throughout New England by providing job training, meaningful employment, meals, and dignified independent living.
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley’s Initiatives to End Homelessness work to stabilize families in safe, affordable housing, and provide long-term support so they can weather future emergencies.
Supporting Engineering Education
- National Society of Black Engineers provides services to Black engineering students of all ages, with the goal of graduating 10,000 Black engineers by 2025. We direct our donations to NSBE’s scholarship program.
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley’s BoSTEM Initiative provides hands-on STEM learning opportunities for middle-school-aged Boston Public School students.
- Engineers Without Borders builds a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs. We are proud to support the Northeastern University Chapter!
Protecting the Environment
- American Rivers works to protect wild rivers, restore damaged rivers, and conserve clean water for people and nature. Rivers are a critical resource as climate change continues to impact our communities and world!
- Charles River Watershed Association is dedicated to protecting, preserving, and enhancing the Charles River and its watershed through science, advocacy, and the law.
- Black Lives Matter is working to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.
- NAACP Empowerment Programs provides training, education, and advocacy to ensure the equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.
- The Sentencing Project works for a fair and effective U.S. criminal justice system by producing groundbreaking research.
Supporting the LGBTQ+ Community
- Casa Ruby, an LGBTQ bilingual and multicultural organization in Washington, DC, provides social services and programs catering to historically underserved communities.
- Boston Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth (BAGLY) is a youth-led social support organization that creates, sustains, and advocates for programs, policies, and services for the LGBTQ+ youth community.