The first Tuesday after Thanksgiving, GivingTuesday kicks off the time of year when we focus on bringing joy to and improving the lives of others. With our long-term commitment to “Building better communities with you,” the season of giving means a lot to us – it highlights our year-round goal of working to positively impact our communities in collaboration with you: our clients, employees, collaborators, and friends.
As we celebrate GivingTuesday today, we’d like to share some of the charities that we’ve supported over the past year in the hopes that this list will inspire you to give back today (or in the future) as well!
- The Merrimack Valley Food Bank, which provides nutritious food and personal care items to emergency feeding programs serving the low-income, homeless, and hungry from the Greater Boston area up to Southern New Hampshire.
- So Others Might Eat, which helps the poor and homeless in Washington, DC, by providing meals, clothing, healthcare, and services to help break the cycle of homelessness.
- Community Servings, which provides meals for individuals and families living with critical and chronic illnesses who are unable to shop or cook for themselves.
- New England Center and Home for Veterans, which supports veterans throughout New England by providing job training, meaningful employment, meals, and dignified independent living.
- Heading Home, which works to end homelessness in greater Boston by providing a pathway to self-sufficiency that begins with a home, together with critical services such as life skills, financial literacy, and job training.
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley’s Initiatives to End Homelessness, which work to stabilize families in safe, affordable housing, and provide long-term support so they can weather future emergencies.
Supporting Engineering Education
- National Society of Black Engineers, which provides services to Black engineering students of all ages, with the goal of graduating 10,000 Black engineers by 2025. We direct our donations to NSBE’s scholarship program.
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley’s BoSTEM Initiative, which provides hands-on STEM learning opportunities for middle-school-aged Boston Public School students.
- Engineers Without Borders, which builds a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs. We are proud to support the Northeastern University Chapter, which was named the Premier Chapter for 2019 by EWB-USA!
Protecting the Environment
- American Rivers, which works to protect wild rivers, restore damaged rivers, and conserve clean water for people and nature. Rivers are a critical resource as climate change continues to impact our communities and world!
- Charles River Watershed Association, which is dedicated to protecting, preserving, and enhancing the Charles River and its watershed through science, advocacy, and the law.
- Campaign Zero, which is working to end police violence using data driven policy solutions.
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund, which works to protect voting rights, reform our criminal justice system, achieve education equity, and ensure economic justice for all.
- NAACP Empowerment Programs, which provides training, education, and advocacy to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination.