Nitsch Engineering’s 30th anniversary was on September 15th, and we’re celebrating our on-going commitment to building better communities with you by giving back to some very deserving organizations. We’d like to invite you to be a part of this effort by voting for the charity you’d most like us to donate to!
Since Hurricane Dorian struck the Bahamas on September 1st, we have watched with sadness as the death toll has risen and the struggle to recover continues. With that in mind, we have sent 50% of our anniversary donation to the Americares Emergency Response Team, which is providing medical and mental health services to the survivors, and will help with long-term recovery efforts.
With guidance from our Nitsch Cares committee, a group of community-minded employees, we have also selected a list of five more amazing charities to support – and we would love your help to decide how much to donate to each!
Please vote for the charity that you’d like us to donate to by Friday, September 27th. We’ll split our donation based on the percentage of the vote each receives!
- Charles River Watershed Association, which is dedicated to protecting, preserving, and enhancing the Charles River and its watershed through science, advocacy, and the law. Their work includes climate change adaptation strategies within the watershed.
- Engineers Without Borders, which builds a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs. We are proud to support the Northeastern University Chapter, on which multiple Nitsch employees have served.
- Merrimack Valley Food Bank, which provides nutritious food and personal care items to emergency feeding programs serving the low-income, homeless, and hungry in the Merrimack Valley.
- New England Center and Home for Veterans, which supports veterans throughout New England by providing job training, meaningful employment, meals, and dignified independent living.
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley’s BoSTEM Initiative, which provides hands-on STEM learning opportunities for middle-school students in Boston.
Thank you for all of your support of Nitsch Engineering over the last 30 years – you’re a critical part of our community, and we wouldn’t be here without you!